Plan an Event
Technology-packed spaces at New College Institute make the perfect venue for educational events, business meetings, and formal receptions.
Host Your Event at NCI!
Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall
Total Capacity: Up to 250 Banquet Style
Capacity by Section: Up to 80 Banquet Style
The primary event space for large gatherings, lectures, and conferences, the Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall is highly adaptable to the needs of our community. The Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall features room dividers that temporarily descend from the ceiling, allowing for the space to be divided into three separate meeting spaces which can be used simultaneously and separately with acoustic and technological provisions built in the design.
*Please note that catering may be provided by any licensed, insured vendor. May also use prepared platters if not utilizing full-service catering.
To make your reservation or get more information, please contact Stacy Peters at (276) 403-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Meeting Rooms
Capacity: Ranges from 6-50
NCI features 16 separate classrooms that can be used for meetings. These are also great breakout rooms to accompany larger events hosted in the Martin-Lacy Lecture Hall. These rooms are located within NCI’s Building on Baldwin (191 Fayette Street) and King Hall (30 Franklin Street).
NCI hosts a variety of classes from our partner institutions as well as several local meetings for non-profit agencies. To make a request to reserve a room, please complete the Room Reservation Form - fax to Ruby Jones, academic scheduler at 276.403.5604, e-mail your request, or phone (276) 403-5605.
Please Note When Making Reservations:
- Rooms will be assigned as appropriate by NCI staff and first-choices are not guaranteed.
- ACADEMIC CLASSES OR EVENTS WILL ALWAYS HAVE PRIORITY IN THE SCHEDULING OF THE CLASSROOMS.
- Client is responsible for providing catering and related items.
- Client is responsible for ensuring that all food and drink items are disposed of properly and that the room is left the way it was found.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the computer lab or around the laptop computers.
- Absolutely no food or drink allowed in Room 208 due to complex technology built in the tables.
- Client will be liable for any damages incurred by members of their group.
- Client is not allowed to move tables or chairs from other rooms without permission from the front desk receptionist.
Please see the Community Engagement Request Form if you would like information about non-credit lectures, summer programs, community programs, facility usage and support services.