Check out our recent news!
During the 1920's through seventies, Fayette Street was a bustling area of Martinsville with shops, restaurants, entertainment, and more. Dr. Dana O. Baldwin and brothers were prominent entrepreneurs during that time. The City of Martinsville designated the The Dana O. Baldwin Block to memorialize the contributions of Dr. Baldwin. The Baldwin Building which houses New College Institute was built on the property. As a tribute, the foundation commissioned Susan Morten to produce an oral history featuring local citizens who described the lives of African-Americans in that era. The DVD's are available for purchase at a cost of $5.00 each. They may be purchased at the FAHI Museum, Martinsville Visitor Center, or the Foundation office. Read more.