The mission of the New College Foundation (the “Foundation”) is to support the efforts of the New College Institute by providing scholarships to students and funding academic improvements.
The Office Manager will provide leadership and support for all office operations of the Foundation.
This position will be charged with administratively overseeing the day to operations of the Foundation. The individual will work under the direction of the Executive Director and will be given much independence in fulfilling their job duties and responsibilities.
This is an exempt position, working nine to five Monday through Friday, with no overtime or weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills in processing scholarship applications and running an office
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Proficiency with office computer software (i.e. QuickBooks and Microsoft Office)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to the Foundation
- Business etiquette
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process vendor checks, record monthly journal entries and interpret monthly financial statements
- Assist our outside accounting firm(s), as necessary, as they complete the bank reconciliations, monthly payroll and the annual audit
- Maintain all financial, scholarship, minutes and other Foundation records in an organized manner
- Answer incoming calls
- Take the minutes for the Board of Trustees and other Committee minutes
- Assist scholarship applicants as they fill out applications
- Maintain the Foundation’s social media sites
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Education and Experience:
Prefer an individual with some formal education in business and actual hands-on work experience. The Foundation will give much weight to an individual who has a teachable spirit.